I'm so thrilled to be part of the exceptional faculty for this workshop, led by my dear friend and colleague Michael Harrison, alongside composer Nina C. Young, composer/percussionist Payton MacDonald, and saxophonist/composer Sam Torres. This will be a really special opportunity to explore our individual creative voices, and grow and breathe and think and play!
I can't put into words how deeply beautiful Arts Letters & Numbers is as a place to work and grow. Please consider joining us, and please let me know if you have any questions.
Here are a few of the topics that may be covered, depending on the interests of the group ---
- The art and techniques of musical composition
- Improvisation (group and solo)
- Indian classical singing (ragas)
- Indian rhythmic cycles and patterns
- Polyrhythms and minimalist music techniques
- Just Intonation (theory and practice)
- Chamber ensemble and solo performance
- Creating electronic and electroacoustic music
- Developing a career in music
- Developing interdisciplinary collaborations